Extension To Government Support Programs
The Federal government recently announced new subsidy programs which replaced the outgoing CEWS and CERS, and extensions to other pandemic support programs. The following are the significant updates of the support programs:
- Introduction of new wage and rent subsidy programs: the Hardest-Hit Business Recovery Program (HHBRP), the Tourism and Hospitality Recovery Program (THRP), and the Local Lockdown Program (LLP).
- New support for employed and self-employed individuals via the Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit (CWLB).
- Extension of the Canada Recovery Hiring Program (CRHP), Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB) and the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) to May 7, 2022.
In addition to the above, the Ontario government has also implemented new support:
- Ontario COVID-19 Small Business Relief Grant ($10,000).
- Ontario Business Costs Rebate Program for property tax and energy costs.
- Interest free period for certain Ontario taxes between January 1, 2022 and July 1, 2022.
Please note the upcoming dates for wage and rent subsidy claims:
- Period 18 is due January 27, 2022
- Period 19 is due February 24, 2022
- Period 20 is due March 24, 2022
LINK to full details here.